Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » Community Points

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
5/6/2010 5:05:09 PM

Debbie Guzzi
How do I gain points and how many points for what actions?
permalink • reply with quote
5/7/2010 7:48:31 AM

James Fraser
The points on the Soup system should be put to more use. All they do is raise your profile in the community. I wonder if the Soup Team can think of a way of utilising them more?
5/7/2010 7:52:56 AM

Team Poetrysoup
Administrator
Chowa wrote:
The points on the Soup system should be put to more use. All they do is raise your profile in the community. I wonder if the Soup Team can think of a way of utilising them more?

We are open to suggestions. Thanks.
5/9/2010 11:56:48 AM

Debbie Guzzi
Tell us how many points you are giving for what & why?
5/12/2010 8:25:21 AM

Patty Lane
Just my take here, and here's where's I usually put my foot in my mouth - just like American Idol a lot of contestants win votes because of popularity rather than talent. So, yes, I do agree the point system here may not be representative of true talent, however it does work tho to keep the web site active, which I do agree is an important consideration in order to sustain the web site. Why not use 10 volunteers from this group to vote for "This week's top 10 poets" with the rest falling into the "honorables mentions" catergory. A short top ten list window is more inviting to read and will draw even the laziest readers in. I have yet to read all the poems in the top 100 poems list or is that 200 top poems list, anyway not enough hours in the day for that!! The ten judges could be changed weekly so as to keep the "eyes" fresh. Just put up a panel to the right or left titled "volunteer Judges's list." You should get enough names the first time to keep you supplied in judges for a month or more. A rolling stone gathers no moss as they say. It would be great if you could put up a top 10 list everyday, but I know that would very hard to do. So ... this is just my say on this ... can I take my foot out now? LOL!
Patty
7/2/2010 12:16:44 PM

Nicole King
i like patty's idea....because i know i dont have the time to read 200 poems or even have the time to read all of the ones that get featured

Forum Home » How do I...? » Community Points