Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » Seriously... Examine my poems under a microscope..

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
2/6/2019 4:17:51 AM

Jeff Connelly
For some reason when I copy and paste a poem to this section they always appear as one single line often without spaces between. Perhaps it is due to the fact that I rarely use punctuation. I would appreciate if you could go to one of my poems and harshly critique it; or advise me on how to import a poem to this page. Much thanks-j l connelly
permalink • reply with quote
2/6/2019 4:20:17 AM

Jeff Connelly
I am not very computer savvy. I'm not sure how to properly post a poem???
2/8/2019 10:17:17 PM

Jack Webster
you could copy the url for one of the poems you'd like critiqued and put it here.
2/10/2019 8:37:17 AM

Jack Webster
If you wish to seriously pursue your poetry, I strongly urge you to seek out local poetry workshops/ writer's groups to develop your writing with. If your city or state has a poet laureate try to contact them to see if they give workshops.

Always, always, always read more poetry than you write. Read the best poems you can find. The quality of the poems you read will seep into your own writing and will influence your habits and values as a writer. If you spend all your time reading beginner poetry, that is what you will think is good, and that is as far as you will go. Start at the top. Develop good habits first.

Forum Home » High Critique » Seriously... Examine my poems under a microscope..