Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » Thank You!

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
2/24/2017 10:35:40 PM

Gregory Richard Barden
Hello, Good Folk -

I'm fairly new to Poetry Soup, so if this is the wrong thread for what follows, please forgive me and kindly let me know ...

I just wanted to say thank you for my first contest win, (Your Best Free Verse Love Poem - John Hamilton), to those who read my poem, (like or not), any who took the time to comment and critique, those who have been kind enough and patient enough to befriend me in my poetic "infancy", and especially judge John Hamilton for my first 1st place nod ...

It means much more than I can say, and while it may seem a small thing to some, it was a wonderful ray of sunshine on an otherwise dark day, and I am altogether honored, very thankful, and humbled at the same time.

My elderly mom is very sick, so this brightened my heart in a very special way, and was very good timing. My business and music keeps me extraordinarily busy, but I hope to give more time to the other great poets here at PS in the not-too-distant future, and become more a part of the "encouragement" aspect of this wonderful site, as well as get to know the good folks here on a more personal basis.

This is such a great place, and I hope I can add something of worth and substance to the community here on a consistent basis. Thanks again and blessings to you all!

- Greg Barden
permalink • reply with quote
2/25/2017 2:13:09 PM

J. Amorose
You got a first-placer on your first contest?
I've entered so many and my best was 2nd...

No hard feelings, though. I wish you luck in your next contest. Remember to write. ~Blue
2/25/2017 5:43:31 PM

Gregory Richard Barden
bluebunn84ppg wrote:
You got a first-placer on your first contest?
I've entered so many and my best was 2nd...

No hard feelings, though. I wish you luck in your next contest. Remember to write. ~Blue

Thank you so much JA - I entered two other contests but got #2 on one, and didn't even place in another - this is my first #1 ... I'm honored that ANYone would even stop to read one of my poems, so it's all good, and anything beyond that is icing on the cake. This is such a nurturing place for new poets and "vets" alike, and I am humbled by the good folks here and how kind you've all been to me. The quality and character of work here is astounding, yours included, and I am so thankful to be learning in this wonderful community! Blessings to you!
edited by Bahku on 2/25/2017
edited by Bahku on 2/25/2017
2/25/2017 7:10:50 PM

J. Amorose
Hey, three contests, two placings... Better than my record.
And I think one reason that everyone's so kind here is that the community is so tight-knit. It's honestly like Six Degrees of Andrea Dietrich... XD
Thanks for reading my poetry! And anytime for the compliments. I've read the winner... Wow, great job! Can't compete with that.

Remember to write. ~Blue
2/25/2017 10:51:18 PM

Doug Vinson
Greg, that's great. Cool It's a good website.

Forum Home » How do I...? » Thank You!