Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Getting to know everyone- New Member! :)

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
11/26/2016 9:57:07 PM

Sim Olay
Hey all! I am new to this AMAZING thread!!! I have just posted a poem and a short story I am not that much of a writer as writing poems and short stories are new skills for me. I am glad to be on board!!!
permalink • reply with quote
11/29/2016 12:07:42 AM

Doug Vinson
Hey Sim, welcome. Your enthusiasm makes me smile. Being a writer is the best journey I can think of - go get 'em!
12/3/2016 12:18:15 AM

david smith
Hello! I am David smith and I am working as a content writer at Help4assignment.

--
Get Best Dissertation Help uk.
12/6/2016 7:25:18 AM

Doug Vinson
Hi David.
12/9/2016 12:05:35 PM

Gregory Richard Barden
Hi! I am very new here, but excited to be a premium member, and I've been posting my poems. I've really only written poetry "seriously" for the past few months, but I was editor for a sports blog and a writer for ESPN for a number of years. I have to genralize my poems under broad category, as I'm just plain ignorant when it comes to the different forms and what they're all called. I am a songwriter/recording artist under a pseudonym, working on a new CD to be released on Hollywood Records, but also a pharmacist, diamontologist, and an envoy for the Emir of Dubai. From Maine originally, but I call Dubai home at present, when not on a private jet, (where I spend most of my time). I am working on my memoirs and a sci-fi novel, and have written some novellas that are unpublished as yet, (haven't tried submitting yet). I wrote a lot of poetry before I started sharing, as it was just not of a quality I felt was worthwhile ... I have since decided that ALL poetry is worthwhile, whether "quality" or not, and all of it worth sharing. I'd love to know more about the site, how to get my poems more exposure, etc., contests, active forums, and the like if anyone would like to suggest, and if one of my poems is more of a particular form that what it's listed under, please educate me! Also - I have a few very good poems that are more than 6K words, and wondering if I should post in two parts (Part 1 & 2), or if there's a place for poems over 6K words. I hope I can be of some positive benefit to the community here, and I look forward to getting to know the folks and my way around. Blessings all!
12/9/2016 12:08:04 PM

Gregory Richard Barden
Oh, I have written lyrics for many years, (for my own songs), so not completely new to this, and I am a Walt Whitman freak, of sorts, lol - I love many poets, but Walt is my favorite human of all-time, and I have studied both him and his work extensively. Thanks!
12/10/2016 10:36:42 PM

Doug Vinson
Hi Greg. Welcome! I hear you on the many forms of poetry - it's daunting when you see the 140+ types when you scroll down the list when submitting a poem. I think the 6000 character limit is a hard one, necessitating that longer poems be broken up into pieces. I've seen some people do it like "Title I" and then "Title II," etc.

Cheers,

Doug
edited by Doug Vinson on 12/10/2016

Forum Home » Introductions » Getting to know everyone- New Member! :)