Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » Sharpness of Her Pen - by - Bob Atkinson

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
6/5/2016 7:15:55 AM

Don Kubicki
This is not a poem. It is YUCK to the max!!!!!
permalink • reply with quote
6/5/2016 5:28:05 PM

Bob Atkinson
Love you Don. Don't see your site coming up first on a google search for: poetry critic
Regards, Bob
6/7/2016 1:37:35 PM

Graphite Drug
This work reads like confessional poetry. It seems a bit deep for public consumption. It also seems as though it could be about actors on a stage, making it better for public consumption. I like its lack of punctuation, but it is an unclear work relying on an obfuscated subject. I would try for something more decipherable.
6/7/2016 9:54:28 PM

Bob Atkinson
Thank you Graph for your in depth analysis. Sure, if one were to frequent stage plays they'd recognize the situation straight off. The one-woman play, written and performed by someone letting us in on their lover experiences would, and could if written well, embarrass an audience to tears. This is the situation I tried to relate. Read it over and over, (my objective) and you'll get the point. Regards, Bob
6/20/2016 8:05:26 AM

Mike Jones
Good work Bob.
6/27/2016 5:52:00 PM

Bob Atkinson
Thanks Mike

Forum Home » High Critique » Sharpness of Her Pen - by - Bob Atkinson