Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello All!

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
4/23/2016 7:17:43 PM

Anthony Guccia
I have been a member of this online Poetry forum for a little over a month or so. I have been writing poetry sporadically since college, now almost ten years ago. I never was willing to share my work with others, fearing judgment and/or negative criticism. But, I am getting too old to give judgment or negativity any power of my mind. I would greatly appreciate if anyone interested in helping a newly confident poet improve their form.

I will briefly put out a warning, that some of my poems I wrote during college, years I spent using harmful substances, and enjoying the party lifestyle. I am sorry if any of my poetry offends anyone, and poems of this subject nature are only a tiny number of my poetic works, one's lacking the sophistication of my now thirty year old mind. My other poems are attempts at a certain deepness, uses of allegory, allusion, rhyme scheme, colorful and clever vocabulary, alliteration, and many other techniques of the master poet. Although, I am far from a master poet, and my ability to successfully and correctly use a variety of forms may be somewhat lacking. I am eager to hear a wide variety of critiques on any and hopefully all of my works. Please take the time to look through my catalog and comment, critique, or advise as you see fit. Thank you, and all help is much appreciated. I am vigorously motivated in becoming a great poet, author to a vast number of memorable and meaningful poems.

Anthony Guccia

Newly Confident Amateur Poet
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello All!