Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello from New Zealand

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/4/2015 8:44:45 AM

Hannah Tobin
Hi there everyone,

I'm Hannah, also known as kiwibadja and I'm a 21 year old failing-at-almost-everything part time working, looking for a better job, ex student who intends to go back to study Photography in 2015. I'm upbeat and positive most of the time but I have an ongoing battle with my BBC (Big Black Cat), depression.

I live in little old New Zealand in a pleasant little city with crappy weather and it's inhabitants fluctuating frequently as it's a university town, but I love it and it's my third, no, fourth home - the other three being my parents farm, South Dakota and Vermont (I lived in the US for a year on a student exchange in 2010-11, loved it!)

I like to write about the people around me and personal experiences so my work usually had a lot of flows of emotion and intense feelings but I would love criticism and comments so I know what works and what I should leave on the "Yeah... nah" shelf.

I'm quite, well, eccentric and quirky but I like it that way and I'm always keen to met new people who share my passion for art and writing. I also enjoy music and movies (which I guess is good, considering I've been working at a cinema for 2 1/2 years ) Don't be shy to say hello and please don't be shy to comment on my poems!

Thank you for being awesome,

Hannah
permalink • reply with quote
8/7/2015 5:02:18 AM

Mark Woods
Welcome Hannah, By the sounds of it you're a poor Dunedinite.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello from New Zealand