Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Introduction

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
4/19/2015 10:08:10 PM

The Grahamburglar
I joined a few days ago, and I haven't done much exploring yet. Today I found the forums...obviously. So by way of introduction, My name is Preston and I turned 34 last month. I am the type of person who skips from one hobby to another fairly regularly. Writing, however, is something I fell in love with in my early 20's and have never let go of. I write most frequently in personal journals, which is where a lot the ideas for my poetry tend to come from.

I've discovered the contests on this site and love that they provide built-in topics to write about. I hope you'll all be patient with me as I am not a polished poet. Despite the fact that I write alot, I haven't done much formal poetry. So my forms will likely be messy, my meter will not always be perfect, and my rhyme schemes, when I try to employ them, may occasionally be clumsy. Despite it all, I am certainly hoping to grow and improve, so please, by all means, if you have feedback, even (or especially) if it is a little critical, let me know.

I have really enjoyed hanging out on this site and reading the works of many of you, so I want to offer a sincere thank you for your willingness to share your talents. I look forward to becoming a part of the community here.
permalink • reply with quote
4/20/2015 6:56:02 PM

K.M North
Hey, welcome to PS. I would definitely say to share your poetry in the forums, i would stay away from the high critique for now if you aren't comfortable with people possibly being harsh about things. I'm of the mind that as long as there is feeling in your work then it's already on its way. Life isn't perfect, poetry shouldn't be either. Strive to be your best. Enter some contests. Look forward to reading your stuff-Kevin
4/22/2015 12:35:52 AM

jill spagnola
High all. This is very exciting to me. I have been writing since I learned in kindergarden. Back before spell-checker corrected you to "kindergarten" When Kinder's message of the grade was for it to be a garden of fun and socializing, not a competition. Well I just gave away my age! No worries. I submitted my first poem this morning, due to insomnia. this looks like a great diversion for me.

--
jill
4/22/2015 12:39:40 AM

jill spagnola
I am a little disappointed, cause I thought I was writing under my pseudonym. I am not hiding just honoring my late husband and our unborn child, Sunshine Williams. Glad to be immersed in verse!

--
jill
4/22/2015 11:38:11 AM

K.M North
Welcome

Forum Home » Introductions » Introduction