Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » The First Kiss

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
2/7/2015 2:47:46 PM

Edmund Linton
The First Kiss by Edmund Linton

Look deep with beckoned eyes.
The way a tandem flock
assembles to the gravity of warmth,
boldly cascading open sky,
veering only for nourishment,
or an unpredictable speck of dust.
A kiss was at first science, then art,
osculating geometric curves of the fit.
Once proper, a kiss became abstract to the senses,
discerned by taste and texture.
While we are nestlings in this season,
let us experiment,
perhaps rehearse with a pallet and brush.
edited by EdmundLinton on 2/7/2015
permalink • reply with quote
3/13/2015 7:45:47 AM

Riss Ryker
Beautifully written! Such amazing analogies to describe kissing that it puts it in a whole new light, almost reinvented. I read your post in the forums about the lack of reviews and I TOTALLY agree with you. This site is not what I expected it to be. I have almost 160 views on one of my posts and ONE comment. Downright rude if you ask me. Come and join Writer's Carnival, your work is amazing, we welcome with open arms. Sorry, PoetrySoup, but this place is dead.
3/16/2015 10:07:31 AM

K.M North
Since this is in High Critique I'll put in my two cents. Lots of meandering words that don't really talk of anything. The last three lines essentially make up the whole poem. The rest to me is just filler. Using pretty analogies and words doesn't make a poem a poem, same thing as using expensive paints don't make a painting. If it were me, I'd leave the last three lines, feels more like the title and more like an actual poem. I'm probably being a dick, sorry. Just my thoughts on things
3/16/2015 8:02:04 PM

Graphite Drug
Have to agree with "two cents." There is a lot of creative word use and attempted metaphor. It is a good read and needs two to begin a critical analysis. The use of "tandem flock" seems confusing. I guess it makes sense if both people have multiple personalities.
3/18/2015 12:55:37 PM

Edmund Linton
Thank you for the excellent feedback.

Forum Home » High Critique » The First Kiss