Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » Premium members get better treatment

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
1/26/2011 7:42:44 AM

Lisa Cole
Hi,
I have come back to the soup after a few months of being ill and having writers block. I have noticed that before I had people commenting on my poems but now I don't seem to have any. I may seem cynical and I am but I thought this was a genuine writers forum where people can exchange critique and develop skills without being slated like on some other sites.
However I have come to realise that in order to get nice feedback you have to play a game of commenting on popular poets poetry, rubbing others backs as it were, and if you don't do that you don't get comments. Also i think this has everything to do with the fact taht I am not paying out money I don't have to become a premium member. All the premium members get rated and commented on and featured but non memebers don't. This is so sad, in a world where poetry isn't really valued anymore you would think a poetry site would value it's members and promote good writers and creativity. But again it all comes down to money and playing the game..yawn..how very dissapointing poetry soup.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » How do I...? » Premium members get better treatment