Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Fun and humor » funny things my parents did without trying

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Everything to make us smile - anecdotes, stories, fun things to do, etc. But NOT Poetry.
6/24/2014 10:10:00 AM

K River
My Mom and Dad in the mid 1930's, went to Yellow Stone National Park, in a Model A ford coupe. They put my sister, on the shelf over the back of the seat. Well my Dad, saw a bear eating some berries in the shade and wanted to take a picture of him with a brownie camera . He [My Dad not the bear,] got the not so brilliant idea, that he would go over and give the bear a little push. He was trying to get him in the the sun. Only problem was the bear didn't want to have his picture taken. I guess he didn't think he was photogenic, or maybe he was just camera shy, or just didn't want to be bothered. Well, at any rate, my Dad gave him a shove, and the bear didn't like it. Now the race was on. He started to chase my Dad as he ran for the car. However, my mom had other ideas, she was scared and had locked the doors. So here is my dear ole Dad, running for his life, in circles around the car, screaming. His arms just a flailing and a flapping, banging on the windows as he ran past. Yelling at my mom to open the door. I guess my Dad sorta decided he didn't like the idea of being a bear snack. Besides, all the signs said "Don't feed the bears." She finally did open the door,or I wouldn't be here to tell this story. Another title for this story could have been "How to get an easy, legal, but very messy divorce without really trying" or "How to give new meaning to the "Don't Feed the Bears sign"
edited by kriver on 6/24/2014
edited by kriver on 8/20/2014
edited by kriver on 11/11/2014
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Fun and humor » funny things my parents did without trying