Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello Hellooo = )

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
2/6/2014 12:14:17 AM

John Mayo
Hey everybody, I'm John! I've been writing poetry on my own for about 6 years now, although my peak in terms of production was between 09 and 2012 (a very turbulent, unpredictable time in my life), but this is my first time posting any of it anywhere besides facebook. I'm not really even sure what to call my form of poetry; I think it's free verse, but I don't write anything that doesn't rhyme. I like to think that every line I write has a meaning, and, seeing as I can't draw to save my life, I consider rhyming statements with meaning to be the ultimate art form. I love knowing that there are a finite number of words in the English language, but an infinite number of ways to arrange them in a way that evokes an emotional or cognitive response. I love the fact that the words with the most meaning are often the hardest to define. I love being able to express myself, my thoughts and beliefs, and my experiences with those words in ways that others can either learn from, empathize with, be motivated by, or even challenge. I also love outside opinions (giving them and receiving them) for their potential to evoke new thought. I can take a punch, even in the guts, so please read my work and let me know what you think, good or bad, and I promise I will respond with nothing but respect and thanks for the feedbacck. Failure is the root of all progress, for if success were guaranteed, determination and innovation would not exist.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello Hellooo = )