Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » apologys

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/28/2010 7:23:36 PM

lewis scott
Hello everyone, I want to apologize for posting so many poems in such a short time. I just love the fact that I can share my thoughts and emotions with other people who have the same passion for writing. When I was in High School I had to write a poem in my literature class, this was the first time I had ever even thought about writing. Well, I wrote a poem and turned it in and my teacher tore it up and threw it in the trash, saying there was no way I had written it and that I had to have copied it from somewhere. That teacher has no idea what that did to me. I started skipping school, got into drugs and booze, and a whole lot of trouble. I married in my early twenties and then divorced after twenty four years. I married again and it only lasted two years, then I met Patricia on-line. She too had divorced after a long marriage. Patricia brought out my passion for writing again. all the poems I posted but one, were written to her. Actually, The light was written to her also, just many years before I met her. Patricia had haunted my dreams since I was seven years old and I knew when I seen her pic that she was the woman I had spent forty years dreaming of every night. I had looked deep into those eyes many, many nights. I could never give myself completely to anyone untill we walked into one anothers arms. All of my poems, and I have a lot more, are about her.
permalink • reply with quote
8/28/2010 8:18:09 PM

Francine Roberts
your bio is as romantic as your poetry, thats just wonderful, I am so glad you have found a soul mate, maybe theres hope for me yet
8/29/2010 5:34:50 PM

maya zee
whew... hoping good luck to patrica may ur love grow each day. and u write more and more poems...

Forum Home » Introductions » apologys