Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hey there

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/23/2013 5:11:29 AM

Aiden Asoll
Hello to all. My name's Aiden, I'm 18 and live in Suffolk in England. The obvious thing to say is I'm in love with poetry. Going onto study it at university with any luck, though my hope in life is to become a writer (fingers very tightly crossed for however many years). Started a novel when I was 14, the problem with that however is as I've got older and wiser, I've looked back on what I've written before and thought "You're smarter than this now, Aiden, start again, you can write something better with more meaning." So for that reason, it's still not finished. I have however finished, as of 3 days ago, a play. God knows if it's any good, going to try publishing it at somepoint or whatever the next step with it is, if anyone knows and has any advice on that I could really do with it.

Otherwise I'm just a teenager with one hell of a passion, like everyone here, for poetry in all it forms. It's nice to have come onto this sight only yesterday and have received the comments and views as I have already, so thankyou for the warm welcome I have been given, this seems like a really friendly community.
permalink • reply with quote
8/23/2013 11:29:51 AM

Just That Archaic Poet
A warm welcome to you, Aiden! I am pretty new here also, but I quickly discovered that this is the best poetry site on the net. Everyone here is warm, gracious, encouraging, kind and supportive, and most assuredly, all highly talented. I'm sure everyone would agree that we welcome you with open arms. If I can help you in any way, feel free to let me know. If you want something reviewed, have a question or just want to talk, give me a yell. Happy to have you here and look forward to reading more of your work
8/24/2013 10:33:33 PM

shreyas susan
Hello Aiden hearty welcome I myself am 18 years old and will shortly publish a poetry book.Hope to see more of you.

Forum Home » Introductions » Hey there