Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » New here and love this site

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
7/5/2010 11:14:27 AM

Kimberly Palhegyi
Glad to be a part of this poetry writing community. I've written poems for a very long time, so you will see I've posted poems that span a great deal of time. I realize you won't know the sequence. I'm looking forward to learning about the different styles of poetry as well as figuring out what style various poems of mine are written in. Most likeley some of the poems come close to a style since I've never had formal poetry classes/training. I'd appreciate suggestions on what style some poems are in. Also, I am an extremely positive person, although some of my poetry does not seem to reflect that. I believe poetry is one of the most healing ways of dealing with emotions. Simply getting things onto paper is the first step. I'm also a firm believer of healthy living and eating. Sticking with a regular exercise routine is a huge part of my existance. To be healthy in body, mind and soul is always my ultimate goal. I'm a busy person, but I certainly will try to check out the work of others as much as possible. One more thing. I checked my first poem to enter it in a contest. I did not select a specific contest, so does that mean it is exempt? If so, How do I change that? Thanks.
edited by Kimberly Palhegyi on 7/5/2010
edited by Kimberly Palhegyi on 7/5/2010
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » New here and love this site