Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » recent poet self introduction: Victoria

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
12/2/2012 3:25:32 AM

Victoria Anderson-Throop
learning to maneuver on this site...watch and listen..my motto to adapt in a strange place...

am in Africa temporarily..home is Valdez , Alaska, but have traveled and worked in Asia, Europe and now Africa. Love China--specificially Zhejiang province-- and have written many specific lessons for Chinese English learners--using their learning style as foremost tool. divorced, partner free but lonely, shaded my poet's eyes for many years to write technical manuals (including one of the first GPS manual--used to work for the inventor, Walt Fowler--genius and patent holder-who invented GPS for U.S. military--specifically ships) and grants. kids grown, now free to open my eyes to the world of adjectives and adverbs again. Journalism has given me sharp shears and a love to edit..my work and others...if you need this assistance..will gladly help as time allows......................that is me --quickly and unadorned.
permalink • reply with quote
12/6/2012 11:24:22 AM

Lisa Stoffer
Welcome Victoria to Poetry Soup. Like you I am learning to use the website. I've been a member for about a month and have had a great experience thus far. There is a lot of positive and supportive feedback. I am trying to find out how to enter one of their contests and hope to enter soon. I've always wanted to travel to Alaska. I am from Indiana and teach school. I took to writing poetry about six years ago when I wanted to write in a different genre from ordinary journaling. I have tried unsuccessfully to have my poems published. Poetry Soup is the closest I've come to succeeding. It's amazing the countries you've seen. Are you ever back home in Alaska? Good motto for the world traveller.... I hope your experience here at PoetrySoup is as positive as mine has been.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » recent poet self introduction: Victoria