Chewy chocolate chip bars
finger licking good
soft butter sugars oats stir
fold in flour mixture
add chips and walnuts
spoon spread and
Just In Time For Back To School LOL
Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal-Walnut Bars
Whole wheat flour and oatmeal add whole-grain goodness to chewy chocolate chip bars.
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 (12-oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, toasted*
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Beat butter in large bowl at medium speed until soft and smooth. Beat in brown sugar, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Combine oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
3. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until well-blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Spoon and spread dough in ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown; cool on wire rack.
TIP *To toast nuts, place on baking sheet; bake at 375°F. for 4 to 6 minutes or until pale brown and fragrant. Cool.
Barbequing on the grill
Prime steak such a thrill
Mouth watering I just spill
Waiting for this treat
Sauce smells oh so sweet
Give me meat—
< network's challenge I did take
whipped up an great cake
dripping caramel on plate
waiting for big slice
smelling apple spice
add whip cream
Y U M !
Harvest Foods Epulaeryu
Sweet baby carrots for me
Setting my heart free
Swimming in low calorie
Sipping with ice, nice!
Sweet taste with no waste
© Joseph 7/4/07
© All Rights Reserved
The “Epulaeryu” poem is about delicious food and drinks. It consists of seven
lines with thirty-three syllables. The first line has seven syllables, the second
line five, the third line seven, the fourth line five, the fifth line five, the sixth line
three, and the seventh line has only one syllable which ends with an exclamation
mark. Each line has one thought relating to the main course. The Epulaeryu
poetic form syllable count is 7/5/7/5/5/3/1. It has corresponding lines built around
the main course, and concludes with the ending line expressing the writer’s
excitement and feelings about the meal. The Epulaeryu form was poem was
invented by Joseph Spence, Sr.
Gosh! What an elegant treat?
Knocked me off my feet
Eggnog on my lips so sweet
Tasty and luscious
Smooth – O’ so precious
© Joseph, 12/2/07
© All Rights Reserved
Place among 273 Semi-Finalist
Total of 1034 Entries
Poetry Soup International Poetry Contest
March 6, 2008
Cristmas Time Is Here - Poetry Contest
Sponsored by: John Heck
December 24, 2007
"Striptease of sweetcherries" hot
With white dress ice-cream;
This splendid old team,
In which desire
Is just small
Sisters J E L L O cake madness
Baked golden brown then cooled
Portholes jello jammed
curry-crumble pork chops
Just dare to be different folks
moistness lies in the
layers of yogurt
Curry-Crumbed Pork Chops
Panko are coarse bread crumbs usually found next to other bread crumbs in the
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
2 bone-in center-cut rib pork chops (3/4 inch
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/3 cup panko
1 teaspoon curry powder
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Combine yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper in small bowl. Reserve
one-fourth of the yogurt mixture; stir green onion into remaining yogurt mixture. Brush
reserved yogurt mixture onto both sides of pork chops.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook pork 4 to 6
minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove pork; place on foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Combine panko and curry powder; stir into drippings in skillet. Spread over top of pork.
4. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until pork is pale pink in center. Serve with yogurt sauce.
PER SERVING: 310 calories, 16 g total fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 g protein, 15 g
carbohydrate, 60 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 1 g fiber
Ideally assembled right
Molten mountain gooeyness
Skewered fashioned drive
Do you want
Kebabs with sumac garnish
fit for an Angel
veal onions eggplant squash add
place onto skewer