1. Friend, I have stood on the precipice of thy blade before
The sharp edge shall slice my heart so precisely, deliberately, cleanly
Only one drop of blood shall shed;
A silent moan will echo
Through the past and future
With a knowing
2. I expected the wind to halt its path;
I anticipated that the sun would burn a hole though the sky;
I estimated that the pregnant clouds would give birth to a new
Ocean that would drown the world with its wetness;
I knew that that life without your love would was to live without
Salt or fire; I know now that I was right..
3. The phone has stopped ringing;
When I call you are just coming in or going out.
The distance in your voice stills the air.
4. The mailman never did deliver well;
Now his deliveries are only the heartless, animosity of bills;
Your mail takes years to arrive;
When it comes it is a two-lined postcard
From your vacation life.
5. My life is the ocean, deep, wide, calming, threatening,