Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Messina - all messages by user

9/18/2018 8:56:47 AM
Quiet Time With God My lord, my father, please forgive me. I know throughout my life I have sinned, but believe in you my father, I have. My trust in you and knowing that you have been by my side, I kneel before you...I thank you, lord.

I thank you for your forgiveness to not only me but to everyone. I have bitten the other side of the apple and passed it along to others, forgive me lord.

I know you are watching me while I lay here with my eyes closed and my head upon my pillow, but if you should taketh me to the high heavens with you tomorrow, or tonight, I will be forever grateful for my time here on earth that you have given to me so that I was able to touch so many with the love that you have given to me. I thank you, lord.

This collaboration you have brought upon to us is a beautiful thing, I thank you, lord.

But as you know, this is not the first time, your sons and daughters have been collaborating since the beginning of time and I know you have heard our cries, our prayers, and our trusts in you, my lord.

There has been countless books to read about you, many gathering places, churches, temples, and even in our own homes. All of these places are great places to be as we express our love and trust in you. But I do know as well , my lord.

That we need not be in any of these places to show our faith in you. All we really need is some quiet time with god, you my father. I thank you, lord.
edited by Messina on 9/18/2018
1/24/2019 8:29:41 AM
Poll Question: Featured Poetic Forms... Since I have been on this site I have written poems in forms that I never knew existed. I think it is a great idea...I vote YES
pages: 1