Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Papagallo - all messages by user

11/8/2010 9:49:46 AM
My Faith to Wash Away (critique please?) Hi! I am new here at Poetry Soup and get lost along th ewat so many times. I like giving critiques on poetry, but i do better in person than on line.Any way, I will try. There is a religious feeling in your poem here. Is it a love that is destroying your faith? I am confused here? We all do lose faith at times, but regain it again. I wish i could help but I am at a loss here. I wish you well in your writing. I suggest read o†her poets (other than here) that write in a style and gender which you like. Good Luck Jancarl, C.
11/8/2010 8:32:03 PM
The Eagle's Flight This is a beautiful poem. I love to see an eagle in flight. Your words paint a beautiful picture. Be aware when you write that spelling errors can ruin a poem. IT's means it is and its shows possession. in line two it should be "In its round about ways... In line 4 should be Beneath its wings.... and not it's place buts its place. Th epoem is good, the errors stand out.
11/18/2010 3:52:35 AM
Copy my own work How can I print out a copy of my own work from Poetry Soup?
12/10/2010 2:19:36 PM
9 -- Line Poems i just came across this while net-surfing. It is called the 9-line poem and was posted by Katherine Foreman. Ms. Foreman said it is her invention. The nine line poem is a poem of only nine lines. The lines are organized into three phrases or sentences of three lines each. Though the phrases don't have to be actual sentences, they should all be either phrases or complete sentences. Further more, they must be of the same phrase type --- three questions, statements, commands, etc.-- and they should not be much longer than ten words each. Rhyme and meter are optional. Has anyone else see or heard of this? I am sure if you go on the net. and type in Katherine Foreman's 9-line poems, something will surface. Thanks for reading.
1/4/2011 1:11:06 PM
Revise Your Poetry I am not much on revisions when I write my poems. I usually revise as I go along and then go with what I have. I have know poets revise a poem so many times and then end up where they began. It is said that Anne Sexton revised her poem "The Truth THe Dead Know" about 250 times. How many times do you revise??
6/24/2011 4:00:27 AM
Pet Peeve i see many errors here as well in my local newspaper. Even the local on-air reporters make mistakes when reporting the news. I appreciate it if someone catches an error in my work and tells me about it. Sometimes I think (because of my age) "in the scheme of life, who really cares"
2/5/2014 12:33:52 AM
why wear pants so low i do not understand why teens today need to wear the top of their pants so low on their hips. Is it the style or a macho thing? THey can hardly walk or run. No wonder why the cops can catch them so easy. I am just an old guy out of the loop
pages: 1