You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

iolanda - all messages by user

5/19/2010 11:35:24 PM
ISBN (International Standard Book Number) Hello Everybody!
I do understand that an ISBN is like the ID or fingerprint of a book but I was wondering who is in charge, what agency, in listing and identifying these ISBNs in the US or releasing and matching the number with a certain book. I have a published book with an ISBN given by the publishing house but no bookstore chain seem to be able to scan the bar code. They say the ISBN is not active ( ?????) Help explain this to me. Yours gratefully, Iolanda
5/25/2010 7:53:32 PM
For people interested in the difference between... ...Haiku, Senryu and... Hybrid...I found this explanation on Internet.
Check it out on: http://startag.tripod.com/HkSenDiff.html
5/26/2010 9:18:25 PM
Pet Peeve I hate to see spelling, grammar mistakes...but, especially, when people start a poetry contest and say: "grammer is not important in judging this contest" This is THE ULTIMATE...
6/3/2010 12:27:57 AM
Relationships When I was 18 my main goal was to be admitted into College not being in a "serious" relationship... Any relationship should be respectful, kind or else that's not a good one. That relationship is TOXIC and you have to get out of it. Period. Cold turkey! You are soooooo young and you are learning the hard way I guess. I wish you good luck and remember: LOVE SHOULD NOT HURT!!! (physically or mentally)
edited by iolanda on 6/3/2010
pages: 1