Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Breetanya - all messages by user

11/12/2012 9:37:19 PM
member contests I'm not certain. I know that once the contest has finished you can see the winners under "Contest Winners: Member." Personally, I watch the "New Poem" page and the likely categories the other contest poems might be under. For example, "Winter's Blanket" will probably be found under "Nature." You might also want to scan through the recent top winners' poems. The more contests you enter, the more likely you're to win, which means you're more likely to end up on that page. It's a bit hit or miss, but better than nothing.
11/29/2012 7:30:00 PM
Definition of Forms Quintain Is a Quintain still a Quintain if I messed with the rhyme scheme?
12/9/2012 7:05:31 PM
What constitutes swearing? I have a poem I'd like to post. It contains the stronger version of the word darned, but used in the biblical sense. As in so and so was darned to hell. Not the exact words, but you catch my meaning. I won't post it if it violates the no cursing policy. I understand that policy, and appreciate it, especially since there are some younger users on this site.
What is considered swearing? Are we talking just the hard curses or do I have to be wary of the not quite swear words of middle school?

My mother lumps in the words "shut up" and "stupid" in with cursing. Is there a list I can read so I don't step over the line?
pages: 1