Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

dez42 - all messages by user

11/28/2010 5:46:38 PM
How to Send a Comment? amstapleton wrote:
I'm new to Poetry Soup, and I've tried to send a comment but have not been able to. I have not seen a send button. That little box with the letter/numbers doesn't allow me to send the letters with caps. Please help.

I am new too, and that little box didn't let me put caps either--at first I thought it was my Caps Lock or something! I just let it put in the lowercase and entered that anyway, and it worked!
12/24/2010 12:12:11 PM
Talk me out of it I looked...and you are still alive as of the 8th. I'm so glad. In case your demons reappear, which they may sometimes...
Been there, done that. One of very few things I carry some quilt about. I was raised by a malevolent narcissist (Think Mommy Dearest!) and messed up by her contagious mental diseases and intrusive programming--Don't Listen! Animals know to go toward what causes joy, and away from what causes pain.Count your blessings and run to them! And it passes, life can get better and better even from the depths dark nights of the soul! There are so many times I am soo soo happy to be alive, and sorry for friends who are not--Look what they missed! How much would they have loved living all this and they missed it! Glad I didn't!!!
12/24/2010 12:31:02 PM
race I have a lot of answers that get more and more complicated about "the Generalized Other" and "Projection of Internal Conflict" and such that have truth in them, but the simple Truth with a capital T I believe, is because they are taught to.
When my little sister was 3> years of age she had a best friend that was black (and she/ we were not). This was before that was more common and others didn't like it, and were cruel to these two babies. My sister when she was about 5 asked for an explaination, and why people were so mean to Marylyn, her friend. Thinking it was identical to the ? you posed, we tried to explain people's ignorance to a 5 year old. But we quickly realized that she did not comprehend at all what we were talking about! "What do you mean she's 'black'? She was literally actually color blind! She got more and more hysterical as we tried to explain this as a difference, and thought we were all crazy and mean to her....
Which in a way we were, though trying to help, because though being as 'colorblind' as we could we still had the concept, and unlike her were not Innocents.
pages: 1