You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

sakura_blossom - all messages by user

5/24/2010 6:41:55 AM
When it rains When it rains,
The clouds kiss the tears in the eyes of the sun,
Reaching your footsteps, it pounds like a drum,
And painted with drops, the windows will show
My eyes as a child, reflections of snow.

And when it rains,
A rose that can breathe through the touch of a drop
Will falter its petals on a stoned, blinded clock,
And corals of shadow will sleep on my heart,
A drop at its core is blooming apart.
edited by sakura_blossom on 6/3/2010
5/24/2010 7:06:57 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new and I want to make some new friends around here. I really love writing and it's amazing that I can connect with others that share my passion.
I want to improve my writing skills so any advice is good for me!

Thanks for letting me join in!
6/1/2010 2:20:04 AM
Hi everyone! doofus wrote:
The Glory of Grey and Two tutus too ae poems here in this Forum that you may use to inspire you to be 'Origina' I am tired of reading about Flowers blooming in June!l

If you're talking about my poems please be more specific. I want for people to criticize my work, too, but I also want to know what I did wrong so I can learn something from it. If you have the time and patience, please take a closer look at my poems and give me some advice on how can I improve my writing. Thank you for being honest!
6/1/2010 6:00:55 AM
Hi everyone! sarahlou wrote:
Hi there i am also new on here but all these guys are really nice so happy writing
sarah x

Welcome to Poetry Soup,Sarah! Nice to see so many friendly people around here! Let's talk on Chat sometimes if you want to, 'cause nobody is ever there when I log in. Keep writing and have lots of fun around here!
6/3/2010 10:57:04 AM
Contests Yes, it should be more about learning and sharing poetry. Everybody just focuses on writing the perfect poem for a contest and impressing the jury...poems are suppose to be about feelings, not about competitions. Sometimes I don't like that people comment on my poems just because I commented on theirs. I want for people to comment on my poem if they liked it or, if not, to tell me what they didn't like so I can make it better...
edited by sakura_blossom on 6/3/2010
6/4/2010 5:34:20 AM
Contests doofus wrote:
To Emily: If someone takes the time to read my poem and likes it; I appreciate the comment. If not - i perfer they move on. I could never hurt someone's feelings by knocking their Poetry. I feel that they are writing from their heart. I know my limitations , and sometimes i go back and delete poems i've written because i knew they were not up to my best effort.

When it comes to others, I really hesitate in making any suggestions at all, as it could be offensive to the writer. I couldn't hurt no one's feelings either. But I'd rather shut up than flatter someone else if I didn't like their poem.
I was just talking about myself. I wouldn't like for people to praise me if I don't deserve it. I'm always looking to get better at everything I do, thus I believe constructive criticism would make me realize my mistakes and then I would try to fix them. But when someone says "your poetry sucks", that's just being mean, that's not making constructive observations. You can say "You've misspelled one word. I advise you to be more careful when writing a poem." or "You should consider using more figures of speech, it would make your poem more beautiful." I don't like people who criticize too much just because they have a pleasure in doing so, or people who flatter too much just because they don't want to say something bad. I just like honesty, nothing more, nothing less.
6/11/2010 1:31:03 AM
race every human being is unique and that's one of the beauties of this world. Personally, I don't care about race, I just care about who that person is, whether he/she is Indian, African, Japanese or whatever...I guess most of the people tend to reject others that are different. But different is actually something good, a change for society and we should all embrace those who are not just 'another face in a crowd'.
6/12/2010 1:54:27 AM
Joshua Dolezal Hi Josh! I hope you will have a lot of fun here at Poetry Soup! May you have a lot of inspiration!
edited by sakura_blossom on 6/12/2010
6/22/2010 7:27:33 AM
Hello everyone Welcome to Poetry Soup! I hope you will have lots of fun here!
8/25/2010 11:31:34 AM
Introduction Welcome to Poetry Soup, Gloria! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will gladly help
pages: 1