Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » A New Beginner

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
1/26/2012 2:50:05 AM

Teto Korha
Hello Everyone. I once hated poetry back in elementary, middle, and even high school, but I soon found out that whenever I read poems I felt uplifted. So I took a liking for poetry. I started writing love notes on facebook and soon my friends began commenting saying how they loved it. I gained confidence from then on. Just recently I decided to write a poem to unleash the feelings I have held onto for many years. I come from Liberia, a tiny country just off the coast of West Africa. My country went through 14 years of civil war, leaving over thousands dead and exiled. My parents are constantly plagued by the devestation. The source of this problem was our so-called ex-president. he represents everything that a leader must never become. He terrorized and killed anyone that came accross his path. We have been hiding from our own country for so many years. Just the other day, I heard they released him from the war crime tribunal, and it freaked me out knowing that in any moment he could go back to Liberia and start back from square one. All these emmotions helped me write "The Man Behind the Mirror" I hope you enjoy!
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » A New Beginner