Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Be Gentle » Timeless Sleep

Post here if you're new to receiving a critique and you want "gentle" feedback on your poem. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
8/11/2020 2:16:29 PM

Linda Skinner
I have sat alone
by a cold lake.

My heart-ice.

Looking into the deep

black hole-

no reflection of life or soul.

Frozen in time

I threw myself in-

leaving my hopes and dreams

on shore.
permalink • reply with quote
9/17/2020 11:25:01 AM

Jack Webster
Many people do use poetry as a cathartic way to express feelings or memories. Remember poems can also be a way to create a vessel to immortalize precious things that feed your soul — it can give them form, a kind of body. Sometimes they can even become like talismans.
9/19/2020 5:35:04 PM

Sally Eslinger
Read this over four times. I have written similarly about falling into a black hole, as in outer space. I felt bad for you, of course, as I read, for you saw yourself as being nothing, feeling as ice...but go back and perhaps you will see more hope than you thought was there, since you wrote at the end of leaving hopes and dreams on shore. So, there were hopes and dreams within you, and as previous comment said, poetry can provide a tLisman not only to your writing, but to yourself. Going to such depth in poetry as you did is indeed painful, but a poet with talent like you have will dig on a bit further to find credit in those hopes and dreams. Live welll. Keep writing! The world needs your full voice!
10/7/2022 11:36:20 AM

Bo Medina
Honestly, personally, I like it. I like how it doesn't end all happy, because LIFE doesn't always end all happy. I also enjoyed your use of facsimile.
12/19/2022 8:26:58 PM

Ms Affection
NICE! it drew me in

Forum Home » Be Gentle » Timeless Sleep