Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Trying to Publish, but can't find a Publisher :(

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
10/12/2011 3:05:03 PM

Eleanore Bourner
hi guys,
i can't seem to find a (cheap but decent) publisher for kids who are under 18. i'd like to publish my books and my poetry, but can't find anyone! can anyone help?
permalink • reply with quote
2/26/2012 8:04:07 PM

christina watson
I've been trying to find one too. Everyone I found is very expensive. I'm still working on getting enough poems written to consider a book, but would love to have a couple publish in something.
4/3/2012 9:06:24 AM

streety young
CAN YOU HELP ME GET MY BEST MAN POEM PUBLISHED
4/3/2012 6:23:50 PM

Tucker Carwile Jr
Try the magazine example: New Yorker, or even some church books, that is how I got started
5/13/2012 7:39:45 AM

Josie Whitehead
Children's poetry isn't selling in shops. It goes mainly into classrooms. The reason I was told by the head buyer of Waterstones, London is that children don't like the free-verse that is being written today. They like poems written with rhyme, rhythm and lots of stories. Market research your poetry on children of all ages, and a local school is a good starting place. I will give you further advice when you've done this and come back with results. It is a long haul. I give my advice as a well published children's poet.

--
They say that writing poetry keeps the mind young, but writing poems for children heads that I think.
11/15/2012 2:53:38 PM

Lisa Stoffer
I too had been looking for a publisher, but only found ones who were too expensive for me. Even with a discount that one of them had offered me I would have had to take out a loan. And for what? My book of poetry selling for around $5 or 6 dollars a copy. It was not worth it to me. I was told that publishing it myself was the best way. The publisher can't change anything that way unless he or she chooses to. I also tried to get a magazine to publish my work, but kept getting letters back saying my poem was not what they were looking for at this time. Good luck to anyone who is trying. Kudos on the successful ones, and what other advice can you folks give me? Thanks in advance.
11/15/2012 9:50:17 PM

Courtney Courtney
I recently had two poems published Great Poets Across America, And Who's Who In Poetry
11/15/2012 9:50:40 PM

Courtney Courtney
courtneyrx wrote:
I recently had two poems published Great Poets Across America, And Who's Who In Poetry

try thoughs
8/15/2019 6:16:46 AM

Taha Ahmed
Well you can ask for a digital agency for it because they an publish your poems on blogs or create a blog for you where you can publish your blogs.

--
digital marketing in Dubai
6/18/2021 2:31:42 AM

Eduardo Richardson
I think you should look for a writer who has recently published a book in your country either at his own expense or with the help of a publisher. He can advise you on how best to find publishers and offer themselves in such a way that they would be interested in publishing your book.

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Trying to Publish, but can't find a Publisher :(