Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » new girl here...

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
3/14/2019 5:10:56 AM

Eckho Scott
hey there! my name is eckho, i live in Texas, and I've been writing since middle school i suppose... I'm pretty unsure of my stuff and i have a variety of things i write about. I've never entered any contest or had anyone look at what I've got. truthfully, it terrifies me lol... but i really hope to get some constructive criticism and see what i can do with my words when y'all are through with me...
edited by eckholynn on 3/14/2019
permalink • reply with quote
4/10/2019 9:30:12 AM

Lisha Nasipak
Hi, I'm new to the site too. Just recently started writing poetry. I don't think anyone is sure of their writing. That's an artist thing I think. I also paint. Never sure about that either! LOL I've had a couple of poems published so far. I feel poetry today, (at least on the sites I've been on) want some kind of random ramblings and not poetry. They call it stream of consciousness...whatever that is. I'm all for free verse, but some of this stuff isn't even that. Oh, well that's my opinion anyway. I'm not talking about Poetry Soup, but other sites that pay for your work. I am looking forward to entering contests and getting some feedback. Poetry is subjective, mostly up to the reader I guess. It's nice to have a community to look to. Welcome!
4/20/2019 1:16:20 PM

Anthony Biaanco
Hi Eckholynn,Welcome to the soup

Forum Home » Introductions » new girl here...