Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » a warm hello to all...

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/6/2011 1:02:43 AM

saket suman
this is just to introduce myself to various literary giants who are present here but before i proceed,let us all celebrate the spirit of writing, the spirit of creativity and the passion of rhymes....for that is the only thing that connects us. we are all from various different countries, castes and creeds, religions and backgrounds too but we share something in common. this is of course our love for poetry, the reason e arwe here for. so let us all celebrate and rejuvenate the passion of every single poet who hits this site.

I am a student of class xi, studying in one of the most reputed schools of bengal, Mahbert high school, siliguri. I have passed my icse examinations successfully from jnaneshwar memorial academy, kurseong and i topped my batch. the reason i am writing to you is of-course poetry so without any furthur delay let me directly come to the point. i have been composing poems for past 6 years now, and i assure you i really possess a very good collection of poetry. i have written various poems on different subjects but what makes these poems different is that they speak the voice of the YOUTH of the contemprory world. my poems were appreciated highly and honoured in my previous school, jnaneshwar memorial academy and it has been only three months that i have joined mahbert high school but within this short span my poems have become popular in my new school too.

of course i agree, these small tokens are too silly to approach`you but i am confident that the poems i have composed will be widely read and appreciated by the youths of the present world because it basically deals with the subjects that is highly concerned with them and they speak the voice of a teen. i will not bother you any further by self praising my works.

just to give you a taste of my works, here it is.....the lines narrated by a guy on his unrequitted love...........

A glass was my page-
you were my water I thought,
Your love was asorrowful battle
with tears Ifought!!
Every drop oftear
that wet my eyes,
I hid withsmiles
beneath mycries!
You were theamazing rolling
waves of the seathat help to sail,
I forgot thesame waves turn
monstrous andthe sailors do fail!!.................
OR CHCK OUT THIS ONE.....
But those days wereshort,you spurned me through,
Oh! I rained tosow,prosperity and then flooded you!
Yet I am patient -patient like the drops of rain to wet,
counting-cherishing-concoting,thepattering on my breath!
The clouds if youbear me,there are volumes to share,
There will be rainagain - no flood when we are together!!........
OR HOW ABOUT THIS OF THE SAME KIND......
His heart told him atruth, this time not a lie,
It cried, “I loveher………..she is my”,
And the poor boy heldhis neck and wished to die.
NOW LET US READ THE INTERPRETATION OF A YOUNG LAD OF THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD ABOUT ITS PATHETIC CONDITION...THE DARKER SIDE OF HUMANITY,....

Living in the world of devils
I’ve learned not to trust,
to betray and to condemn,
to cheat and to break hearts,
not to pray and offer but
to dominate and make my
way out of the simple and
innocent by showing them the
Dreams far too subtle for the
mortal hands. I’ve tried to be true
and just, struggled sincerely and
fought with dignity but my struggles
are called crazes and my attempts
falling to no avail at the hands of
imposters in the world of devils.
I’ve learnt to be brave and make
courageous promises, I’ve learnt to
break these promises bravely too,
to offer selfless service when the
race begins and trickle the opponents
in the course and become selfish
once I conquer.

THERE ARE MANY POEMS OF THIS KIND AND SO WHICH DEAL WITH WONDERFUL SUBJECTS. I DO HOPE AND TRUST THAT YOU LIKE AND APPRECIATE THEM....

LOVE AND PRAYERS FOR ALL !!
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » a warm hello to all...