Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » kuy, would like to read poetry

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
1/31/2018 5:10:26 PM

kuy
Hi!
I'm kuy, from Austria.
I'm writing this because I'm already waiting for some time to meet someone who is excited about poetry, but somehow it does'nt happen.. I really like literature, but I don't have any idea how to approach poetry.. Recently I started to read Ulysses and I really enjoy reading it out loud, without really understanding everything, but i like how the whole setting and story builds up somewhere in the back of my head while I'm reading and I dive into the athmosphere of the book and enjoy how the words have been lined up carefully for me and everyone to read.
I have not experienced something like this with poems so far. When I come across some poem, I usually try to give it a chance, but nothing ever has caught me so far.. I wonder if someone could recommend me a poet or some nice book with different poems, that are well to grasp for a beginner. I would like something that takes one away into someone's mind or into some setting for a few minutes, with a good flow. It could be in one of the following languages: german, english, spanish or japanese.
I would be really thankful for that
Greets, kuy
permalink • reply with quote
2/11/2018 7:56:58 AM

Faraz Ajmal
Hi, well like you I m also a new poet, so I don t know much about poetry, I just write whatever comes to my mind and I have no knowledge of different tyoe of poems like Sonnet, Haiku etc, however there are many experience poets here who s poetries are really nice and you can actually feel it, like Silent one, I really like his poems, and Andrea Dietrich, you can also read other poems by going into best poems of all times, and yeah do give a try to my poems as well
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » kuy, would like to read poetry