Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq
New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
5/14/2011 3:25:19 AM

ellis cobb
hello, my name is Ellis. I'm twenty years old and I've been writing poetry for seven years. Only in the past few have i felt any confidence in my writing. Poetry is my one true passion, though i fear it will never be anything more than a hobby. I can't see myself being lucky or good enough even for my work to be recognized or appreciated, and even less that i could have a chance of making a name for myself. To have any of my work published would be more than a dream come true, but i won't be getting my hopes up. Though, i am very eager to hear comments and criticisms from people who actually have a respect for the art. Any tips or suggestions will be highly respected and appreciated. I found this site only yesterday and already I've seen several pieces both beautiful and interesting. I look forward to making more time to browse. Again, any pointers or professional opinions are more than welcome. Regretfully i only have a ninth grade education, meaning terminology and other technicals are probably more than a slight set back for my art. Tips or corrections will NOT go without thanks. i have a feeling i will enjoy being a part of poetry soup, and i hope to hear from some of you very soon.

with utmost sincerity,

a closet dreamer
permalink • reply with quote