Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings from Durban SAfrica!

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
9/14/2017 6:36:51 AM

Faeeza Paruk Simjee
Fay is my name & poetry’s my flame! My passion forwriting sprouted early in primary school. I’ve found great joy in sharingreflections, & found healing comfort in expressing myself through poetry withit’s carthartic effect.

My writing developed wings when I was invited to attend awriting club acknowledged for right-brain writing, called Dancing Pencils,totally by chance. I believe it was Divine strategy that introduced me to thisclub, as I suffered a debilitating lack of confidence which prevented me fromever sharing my work… As chronically ill & dosed with high dose of heavymedication from a young age, I was converting into a zombie! With life &health horribly downhill, I finally gripped my faith & learnt to maintainmy condition without medication, & with Divine help, succeeded.

After 35yrs my work was shared for the first when FelicityKeats of Dancing Pencils chose some of my work for publication in a short-storybook I titled, “Finding Her Seat”, & a poem anthology called “Its All AboutCommunication”. These wings have soared my determination to taste & achieveall the passions my condition had once inhibited… I was introduced toPoetrysoup through a university student whom I tutor in English literature,& decided to engage more seriously in my poetry again.
edited by Faeeza Paruk Simje on 9/14/2017
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings from Durban SAfrica!