Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Newbie or not newbie? That is the question.

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
2/18/2017 10:18:44 AM

I Am Speedytomzalez
Hello good people of planet prose. I'm an absolute beginner here. I seem to have fallen into the genre of totally daft poetry. Without realising it, I think my infuences have been Lear (Edward, rather than King) and Spike Milligan. So...I've posted my few first attempts at madcap tomfoolery. Can I apologise now if it offends the serious and talented poets out there, but surely you have to agree that every village has room for an idiot. That's where I enter, stage left...
edited by Speedytomzalez on 2/18/2017
permalink • reply with quote
2/20/2017 4:33:52 PM

Jeniffer Garcia
Hello .. I am also a newbie here.. and I'm glad to be part of poetry soup.. I won't regret the day I joined this group.
2/21/2017 3:48:37 PM

I Am Speedytomzalez
Shmily11 wrote:
Hi Jennifer, checked your poems particularly liked "That's how we wined up" I like that play on words..
2/24/2017 5:19:27 PM

Doug Vinson
Greetings, you two. I've read your poems, commented on some of them. The best way to get comments is to read others' poems and comment there. It may take awhile, but people get to know you and vice-versa. Good group of people at PoetrySoup.
2/26/2017 8:28:04 AM

Daniel Handschuh
Hullo, folks. I come from a dying app that's been absent of its creator for so long that the app has had no one to promote it for several months now. My works only would average up to five reads, maybe one comment and rating if lucky. Coming here as a newbie a couple days ago, I was amazed to see the first poem I posted has gotten over twenty reads, and my third poem received a comment from one of the higher-end users here. I'm growing to really like it here.
2/26/2017 7:11:45 PM

J. Amorose
The community nest, eh?

I was active before, but am getting active again. A good tip - join the poetry contests. That way, people will see your work, especially if you place.
3/10/2017 10:51:18 AM

Doug Vinson
Niamh - my opinion - write from your heart, write about what you know. There are many choices - long or short, rhymes or not, etc.

Forum Home » Introductions » Newbie or not newbie? That is the question.