You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » Beach Combing

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
5/6/2010 11:43:56 AM

Robb A. Kopp
Fenced off with a comb
New age sand crab’s beachfront home
Cup of styrofoam

A Haiku By Robb A. Kopp
All Rights Reserved © MMX
edited by masterartisan on 5/6/2010
edited by masterartisan on 5/10/2010
permalink • reply with quote
5/7/2010 10:03:06 AM

Corinne Curcio
Made me smile. I like the rhymes, the humor. Really nothing to nitpick here.
5/7/2010 10:17:33 AM

Hi Robb, Your syllable count is perfect, your haiku is related to nature, and also as cute as can be, I can't think of a thing that you did wrong on this one. Wounderful haiku! Catie
5/9/2010 11:03:14 PM

Charles Henderson
The middle line is short one syllable. Count should be 7. Also Haiku is NOT supposed to rhyme. I understand some of the new age writers are not paying attention to syllable count as once were but I have not read anything about moving toward rhyme. lol Charles
5/10/2010 8:14:59 AM

Robb A. Kopp
Charles wrote:
The middle line is short one syllable. Count should be 7. Also Haiku is NOT supposed to rhyme. I understand some of the new age writers are not paying attention to syllable count as once were but I have not read anything about moving toward rhyme. lol Charles

Thanks....Something looked wrong
However Haikus are evolving as are the languages that write it.
5/10/2010 1:03:10 PM

Chris D. Aechtner
Remember the Haiku debate. Personally, I do not like Haiku/Senryu to rhyme....not because of any rules, just my own weird thing. BUT, this is probably one of my favorite rhyming Haikus that I have read. I like the imagery a lot, and can get a strong personal allegory from it. This is supposed to be a critique section, but I don't really see anything wrong with it. If I wanted to be really anal, and this was my own Haiku, I would drop the capitalization....but since you are trying to write Haiku under the premise of evolving it, you really don't need to even worry about that.

Forum Home » High Critique » Beach Combing