Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » I need some advice

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
8/5/2016 7:10:38 AM

Jolene Cheyney
One, please tell me the sky isn't falling.

Two, the house I live in is a double wide trailer. When I fell asleep in the bathtub with the water running bathroom was flooded, the hallway was flooded, and about 3 feet into my bedroom was flooded. Mom is panicking because she thinks there's automatically going to be mold in the subfloor. Dad who is my landlord is coming to check on it. Does anybody have experience dealing with these kinds of issues.

Also concerning, mom thinks that because I fell asleep in the bathtub with the water running that it's likely to happen again and she's worried about me because of my Parkinson's. I think she's going to try to make me move possibly permanently. This is not what I want. I know there's nothing you can do to change what happens, but I didn't do it on purpose, I just fell asleep. I know she's just worried about my safety. I need somebody to remind me not to panic until something she decided definitively.
permalink • reply with quote
9/23/2016 11:38:38 AM

Keith Logan
Try not to worry. Remember imagined ills are always worse than the real thing. Buy yourself an alarm clock or count down timer you can set. Be sure it is loud and has a fluctuating tone. Steady tones (no matter how loud) are easy for the brain to ignore.
12/30/2016 1:12:41 PM

Rainbow Promise
Could Ayone say what happens to poetry on your site. I have lost poems receiving Honorable Mentions and Third places! Anyone could Advise where to look for my Third Place poem for the one to merge with the "old Lovliness" poem? It was a Contest entered this summer. No wonder Admin screen is locked out and password in Guest!
12/30/2016 1:18:17 PM

Rainbow Promise
I'm also looking for 3rd place "Fantasy Fish in A Fantasy Ocean" There were lots of comments before and after contest, and a Thank You for entering contest by the Sponsor. Please put ALL copped out poems back! I am doing recordings now,
4/5/2019 3:22:39 AM

Bradshaw Layfield
You need to lower the level of the bathtub so that you don't drowned. I also remodel my bathtub in my house because i also have this habit of sleeping in the tub or surfing on the internet.

--
Toronto Condos For Sale

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » I need some advice