Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » His Mother! ... Grrrr!

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
1/23/2011 2:16:38 AM

Kaci Jo Atteberry
Okay, so I am seeing this amazing guy. We have been together for a little over 3 years ... I have always had a weird relationship with his mother, because she does not want us together ... Well, lately she has been talking to him about his ex alot, in front of me ... I want to let her know that it bothers me, but don't know how to bring up the subject ... I know that he still has feelings for this ex, even though there is no way they could be back together ... But, in my opinion, that is something that me and him should talk about (and we do) ... I just want his mother to stop trying to get him to leave me and go back to his ex ... and I want to be able to tell her to mind her own business, without causing any un-needed drama between him and I ... What do I do??? Suicide
permalink • reply with quote
1/25/2011 4:26:53 PM

julie heckman
How this: (it's very civil)
When you are alone together, just say I'd like to speak with you for a minute. I hope you don't find this offensive but, everytime you bring up (the ex's name) it really hurts my feelings. I feel you're like you really don't want (boyfriends name) and I to be together?

Ask it in a question that way she will have to answer it and will know instinctively that you're upset without you becoming angry.

How about this???
6/13/2011 9:54:12 PM

Jaymee Coombs
^ i agree. Just be grown up about it. She is obviously doing it to upset you and she should realize that she isn't the child in the situation, or shouldn't be at least. Put her down to size, nicely and calmly. And don't let it ruin your day either, if he loves you than great. If he loves her you should know now, so you don't wazste any time.

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » His Mother! ... Grrrr!