Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » Expired Contests

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
2/17/2014 11:15:43 AM

Gary Watkins
What do you do when a contest you entered is over, but places are never assigned? Do you withdraw your poem so as not to see the offending contest on your list? Contact the contest sponsor? Ignore it and hope that some month it will be finalized? I'm a bit frustrated because contests are one of my motivators for sitting down and writing poems, but I have entered three that have now passed their end dates. One is only a couple of weeks over, but the other two have been finished for more than a month! I contacted one of the contest organizers a couple weeks after the deadline had passed and was told that she would get to it in the next week, but nothing changed. I don't want to harass her, but it irks me that so many people took the time to write poems and enter the contest for naught. Suggestions?
permalink • reply with quote
3/6/2014 1:52:21 PM

Aiyah Torres
BamaBoy52 wrote:
Ditto .. I'm new so I don't know all the ends and outs but would like to know where I could go to learn more. The contest do motivate me to write as well. On my points view it says I have one top ten finish but I have no idea where. I can't find it on the list of contest winners.
3/6/2014 1:56:56 PM

Aiyah Torres
Hi DAve... if it appeared on your memmber data that you have won a contest...try to go to " Contest Winner: Member" page, it can be seen at the left side tool under "CONTEST". look for your name, ( try to recall the title of the contest you have joined with)...hope it will help though.. TIA!!! =) ..Aiyah025

Forum Home » How do I...? » Expired Contests