Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » POETRY BUZZ

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
2/15/2014 8:58:19 PM

Leon Enriquez
Hello Everyone: Greetings. I am new to PoetrySoup. I write poetry because It keeps me awake and aware that I am alive. Writing keeps me grounded. I have been crafting verses passionately since 1978. Yes, a very long time, I realise. I was once a member of poetry dot-com for a while.

I am a freelance writer helping businesses write their corporate collaterals. I am somewhat in retirement mode now. But then again, writers never retire, they just write here and there. And then some.

Since 1990, poetry has become a daily recital for me. If I don't write, these feelings haunt and taunt me, and refuse to leave me until I transcribe the words that come. No rest for the weary.

So, instead of resisting, I just surrender to the writing process. But I make a serious effort to be a good instrument for the muse. I sharpen my saw so that I can share or spread my two cents worth in my craft.

Writing poetry feels as natural as breathing. But right effort is still needed to put the creative juices to good use. I write on all sorts of stuff. I have a curious outlook to life. Nothing is as it seems. And poetry is the shortest route to writing that does not occupy too much space!

Feel free to check my poems, browse and let me know what you think. I hope my words put a sparkle to your day, and touch you to feel that inner zest for living with a passion.

Thank you for reading this message. Sincerely, Leon.

--
Live with true zest: let love draw near;
Let joy move fest, let peace greet cheer;
Love sparks the best, right now and here.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » POETRY BUZZ