You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq
New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
9/22/2010 5:46:18 AM

Kimberly LaRocca
My name is Kimberly LaRocca and I live in Florida. My husband and I have been together for 16 years and we have 4 boys. My earliest memory of writing was probably in 5th grade. I wrote a short story and won the Pride Award for writing. I look back at the story now and realize that writing is what I’m suppose to do. But life happens, I got distracted, went to college for something totally different and just stopped writing. I’d write things throughout the years and just file it away. I have a stack of composition books with ideas or thoughts that I had at a particular moment. After a series of car accidents I found myself a stay at home mom and I begin to write again. I had forgotten how much I loved to write. I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, but when I sit to write it just flows naturally. I was shocked when I had my ah-hah moment and realized this is how I will leave my mark. The wonderful thing about writing is that I can create something that no one else ever has in the history of the world. I think that makes us all pretty special.
edited by klarocca on 9/25/2010
permalink • reply with quote