Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq
New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/8/2010 8:19:11 PM

Renee Mack
I am new to Poetrysout, it's nice to find a place to share my poems. My feelings get hurt when people dont like my poems. I know it is to each his own, but it still hurts. Do all poets feel that way or is it just me. :-)
permalink • reply with quote
8/8/2010 11:05:43 PM

Irene Cavalier
What is the common fabric of Poetry Soup. I am wondering. I am also wondering with some gravity...is Poetry Soup a Christian or religious site? I..am just wondering. Could somebody please clue me in?
8/12/2010 6:03:48 PM

Paula Swanson
Hello and Welcome Renee. You will mainly find the comments on poems here to be gentle and kind. If you would like critique, there is an area here in the forums just for that. I enjoy constructive criticism for my poetry. But, being human, I also love the praise. LOL. I look forward to reading your work.
~Paula
8/12/2010 6:06:32 PM

Paula Swanson
Hello Irene,
I have found that there are many faiths on board here at the soup. Christianity plays a big roll in some poets work, as in their lives. All forms of poetry are welcome, within the parameters set by Team Poetry Soup. No vulgar, etc. So, write from your heart and soul. Be it silly, of nature, introspection, whatever strikes your fancy. Don't forget to check out the contest area. It's fun, challenging and a great way to learn the different forms of poetry.
~Paula