Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
1/24/2014 8:28:55 PM

Samuel Durant
Just got banned for the fifth time on poetry.com, figured I'd see if I can get myself banned from here a few times.

Just wondering, how seriously are the rules enforced? I was also curious as to why I could not write a poem about Satanic Occultism if I wanted to. Seems like a violation of religious freedom, to me.
permalink • reply with quote
1/27/2014 11:11:07 AM

Just That Archaic Poet
If you want to get banned, you won't find it difficult, but it seems like a futile endeavor and complete waste of one's time. Having read many books by Anton LaVey and Aleister Crowley (to name just a few), I would bet you have little interest or actual knowledge of occultism/Satanism, and would only wish to write such a piece for shock value, which is boring and petty, at best.
1/28/2014 12:01:35 PM

Samuel Durant
Oh, wow, look at you. You read a book by Anton LaVey. I hear they're so rare and obscure.

Just kidding with you. Yes, I'm familiar and interested in Satanism, but it was just a passive question. You seemed awfully hostile to my obviously jovial, tongue-in-cheek introduction, so I'll just give you a virtual high five for being a concerned community member o/

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings