Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » Request for critique

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
7/23/2010 1:45:58 PM

Kevin Pace
I'm not sure how this works. i've posted a few pieces, made some friends, but gotten very little constructive feedback. I'm not here to bash anyone's writing (If I don't like it, I won't cvomment), but if I do see some way I can help the poet or the poem i am not afraid to give my opinion (which doesn't hold as much importance as the opinion of the writer). I am here to improve my craft, (among other things, like sharing ideas I've been entrusted with).

I just posted what I consider to be one of my best... it is called "The Party is Over". It carries a vital Biblical concept that most don't understand they possess (whether you are a believer or not). I would welcome any help in polishing this piece (and... I'm not opposed to "loved it" or "hated it" either). Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the challenge. - Kevin Pace WordsDoMatter

--
Have a blessed day - Kevin WordsDoMatter
permalink • reply with quote
7/23/2010 9:50:37 PM

Jim Fish
Hi Kevin,

Your religiosity seems just fine with me. Love the humor you insert in your work. Is it natural - do you tend not to take yourself too seriously? Actually, I read several of your poems and found myself reminded of a really close friend and fellow cowboy poet, the late Clay Lindley from Mertzon, Texas. His oral delivery of a poem was true art and had you laughing so hard that you would beg him to stop and beg for more, at the same time.

Your work resonates with me right down to the concepts you chose to express. and I find myself drawn into them by your festidious attention to rhyme and meter. Very nice expressions.

I'll be checking back with you from time to time.

Nice meeting you.

Jim
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » High Critique » Request for critique