Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » A somewhat belated introduction

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
12/23/2013 11:49:24 AM

Gary Watkins
Hello everyone,

I've been on the soup for about a month now, but never got around to introducing myself. I'm a fifty-ish guy living in Colorado, having divorced earlier this year. I enjoy writing as a creative and emotional outlet. Everyone here has been very gracious and friendly, which I appreciate. I hope to make more friends as I go and equally hope that you will enjoy my meager offerings. My user name is pseudodragon. Please drop by and have a read sometime, and feel free to comment. Good, bad, or otherwise, I always value feedback and appreciate your taking the time to express yourself.

Poetry Soup is a great sandbox to play in. I just got back to writing poetry last year after a hiatus of many, many years (since college, really). Most of what I post here will be quick little writes for contests or odd little poems that find their way onto the page. Otherwise, I'm submitting much of my writing to other (mostly token) paying publishers and am having some luck in getting accepted. I've had three poems published this year with two more accepted for early 2014! I also write fiction, when I have the time and the muse cooperates.

That's about it. If you want to know anything else about me, just ask. I'm usually a pretty open book.

Gary
permalink • reply with quote
12/23/2013 1:23:41 PM

Austin Eseke
hi guyz.i am a new poet here,Austin Eseke by name.This is a nice,wonderful site.Please check out my wonderful poems,i promise you won't be disappointed.merry Christmas,by the way I have a poem on Christmas..bye
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » A somewhat belated introduction