Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » No respect

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
11/29/2013 2:24:27 PM

Gabe Shelly
No respect--'I get no respect', said the fool.
We remember the king for who he was...what he did...
I recall the stories of the clown more with fondness--
That he is made the object of gaity; he is the strongest of us

Phineas Gage was struck by the Fates themselves--
A metal shaft shot through his skull obliterating the frontal lobes of his brain...
he is one of the first documented cases of a person with a brain-injury...
I remember him better than some lords of state

11/29/'13
edited by Gabe on 11/29/2013
permalink • reply with quote
12/3/2013 1:29:40 PM

Just That Archaic Poet
No disrespect at ALL intended, Gabe, but after reading the first line, I just kept thinking "Rodney Dangerfield" over and over and couldn't get past it. The two pieces seem disparate (to me). While I think it's all very well expressed, I must admit that I didn't quite get it, but that's not to say someone else won't take what they need from this piece, and understand it much better than I. I give you credit for your word crafting, however; it's excellent. Not a very helpful critique, I'm afraid.
12/8/2013 3:36:52 PM

Gabe Shelly
JustLivingLies wrote:
No disrespect at ALL intended, Gabe, but after reading the first line, I just kept thinking "Rodney Dangerfield" over and over and couldn't get past it. The two pieces seem disparate (to me). While I think it's all very well expressed, I must admit that I didn't quite get it, but that's not to say someone else won't take what they need from this piece, and understand it much better than I. I give you credit for your word crafting, however; it's excellent. Not a very helpful critique, I'm afraid.
12/8/2013 3:43:04 PM

Gabe Shelly
Haven't seen you around in awhile, thanks for critiquing my poem. Your right the first line is Dangerfield, and sometimes I agree it doesn't seem to fit. It just seemed right when I wrote it. I'm afraid I don't look back very much when I write something. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Forum Home » High Critique » No respect