Excellent suggestions, Tom! i agree
permalink • reply with quote
1/7/2014 12:27:52 PM

Sue k Green
Thanks for the suggestions.
1/7/2014 12:29:26 PM

Sue k Green
So many different types of poetry. I just write what I feel. Is there an easy way to find the poetry type for a particular poem?
1/15/2014 1:32:53 PM

Patricia L Graham
I found this useful. Thanks for posting.
1/16/2014 6:24:22 PM

Alexis Bennett
Thanks for making us newbies feel welcome!
1/29/2014 3:15:56 AM

Nami-Ann Corpuz
Thanks. i was feeling somewhat lost being new here, and your posting really helped. Now I have some guidance on where I should go and what I should do. Thanks again.
2/15/2014 9:57:43 PM

Leon Enriquez
simunsen wrote:
Hi there new members,
I am not a moderator just a keen poet. I thought I would pass on some tips to help you get the most out of your posting on here.
- To get people to read your poems it helps to get yourself 'out' there. By that I mean the more poems you read of others and comment on the more will return the gesture. (It is considered rude to not return a comment on a poem of someone who has commented on your poem)

- I like to read 2 or 3 of someone elses poems and usually choose a latest poem and then an older one to comment on.

- have a go at a contest. Most are usually fun and a great way to get noticed, if you win or are placed you will get lots of attention to your poem.

- sometimes it is ok to 'advertise' a poem or suggest. When you read a persons poem and have a similiar topic poem some people will add that to a comment they make about the poem they read....... you may be interested in a similiar poem of mine 'blah, blah, blah' some people may even let someone know they have posted a new poem via a soupmail to a friend.

- a great way to start is to comment on new poems posted in the new poems section (to the left) the more you comment on the more are usually returned - Good Luck and welcome

I hope these tips help you get the most out of your new membership.

--
Live with true zest: let love draw near;
Let joy move fest, let peace greet cheer;
Love sparks the best, right now and here.
2/15/2014 9:58:59 PM

Leon Enriquez
simunsen wrote:
Hi there new members,
I am not a moderator just a keen poet. I thought I would pass on some tips to help you get the most out of your posting on here.
- To get people to read your poems it helps to get yourself 'out' there. By that I mean the more poems you read of others and comment on the more will return the gesture. (It is considered rude to not return a comment on a poem of someone who has commented on your poem)

- I like to read 2 or 3 of someone elses poems and usually choose a latest poem and then an older one to comment on.

- have a go at a contest. Most are usually fun and a great way to get noticed, if you win or are placed you will get lots of attention to your poem.

- sometimes it is ok to 'advertise' a poem or suggest. When you read a persons poem and have a similiar topic poem some people will add that to a comment they make about the poem they read....... you may be interested in a similiar poem of mine 'blah, blah, blah' some people may even let someone know they have posted a new poem via a soupmail to a friend.

- a great way to start is to comment on new poems posted in the new poems section (to the left) the more you comment on the more are usually returned - Good Luck and welcome

I hope these tips help you get the most out of your new membership.

Dear Simumsen:

Thank you for the tips. Very helpful pointers. Leon

--
Live with true zest: let love draw near;
Let joy move fest, let peace greet cheer;
Love sparks the best, right now and here.
2/16/2014 7:35:08 PM

Margaret Franceschini
thank you for your encouraging words, this is very new to me and have written a few poems and have kept it secretly hidden on my lap top, now I feel it is time to "put it out there", a little nervous about this but here goes, thanks again.

Forum Home » »