Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Has anyone else had poetry deleted by PoetrySoup?

Ways to improve your poetry. Post your techniques, tips, and creative ideas how to write better.

Is PoetrySoup justified in there silencing of free speach and religious rights?

No justification:5
Yes, justified:2
who cares:1
4/8/2013 9:15:44 PM

Omar Masri
I recently had a poem removed with no warning or explanation and they have yet to reply to me. IMHO this move was a direct violation of civil rights as they discriminated against my religious view. Poem was this...

Gods are no more then sugar pills
A placebo if you will

Im pretty pissed off because this type of bigotry is exactly the opposite of what poetry represents.
Shame on PoetrySoup.
permalink • reply with quote
4/18/2013 6:51:11 AM

Jacob Bellville
Are the two lines your whole poem? If so under the rules I personally don't think it warrants being deleted. To me you are just expressing your opinion not engaging in hateful expressions. I don't see it as a violation of any of the below content guidelines. Are you positive it was deleted? Have you tried posting it again?

Posting poems containing this content will result in immediate deletion of your poetry and possible membership suspension. Examples of unacceptable content or subjects are:
  • Sexually Explicit (X-Rated) Language
  • Personal Attacks, Battles, or Slamming Soup Members (Do not use a member's name in poems or comments - unless it is positive!!!)
  • Profanity (Curse Words or Abbreviated Curse Words)
  • Nasty Comments (E.g. "This is CRAP!!!")
  • Vulgarity
  • Hateful Expressions (E.g. "I should have killed her")
  • Racism
3/24/2014 8:25:31 PM

Team Poetrysoup
Administrator
impsick wrote:
I recently had a poem removed with no warning or explanation and they have yet to reply to me. IMHO this move was a direct violation of civil rights as they discriminated against my religious view. Poem was this...

Gods are no more then sugar pills
A placebo if you will

Im pretty pissed off because this type of bigotry is exactly the opposite of what poetry represents.
Shame on PoetrySoup.

We would not and have not deleted that because of those two lines.
edited by poetrysoupmp on 3/24/2014
12/13/2014 1:01:47 AM

Kate Ginsberg
Reminds me of this a bit:

God is a concept
by which we measure our pain

John Lennon (duh)
4/16/2015 7:15:36 PM

Wally Flint
I just had two poems deleted by poetry soup. What happened was I deleted one poem myself, then I tried to reload the page (the "My Poems" page). I got a message that asked me if I wanted to repost form data, to which I said yes. Then when the page came back the top poem on my list ("Angels") was deleted. I tried a second time to refresh the page and again it asked me if I wanted to repost form data, again I said yes, and again the highest poem ("48 Years") was deleted. After that I got wise and left the my poems page, then when I came back to it later it would refresh okay. This is some kind of malfunction of the web site but it sure is devastating as I had a lot of comments and high ratings on my poems. And of course, people aren't going to come back and rate them a second time. Anyway, I don't know how to contact the poetry soup team so I don't know if my poems can be recovered, or if the problem can be fixed. Can anybody help me?
edited by wallyflint on 4/16/2015
5/20/2015 9:42:20 PM

Bob Atkinson
'tis their site, shouldn't they be able to control it anyway they wish? Had a poem with 6,000 hits deleted. Their choice. No biggy. If you want to control content, start your own site, I did. Google: poetry critic
I get to do whatever I want there.
5/6/2017 8:42:06 PM

Cecelia Hopkins-Drewer
I generally appreciate a site being kept "safe" for all ages, and inclusive of all peoples, but reading the list of banned words gave me some concern. One banned word was a child's toy. (You can guess which one.) I can think of many innocent uses for the word. But then, I work in early childhood...
edited by Cecelia on 5/6/2017
2/24/2020 4:47:18 AM

Realmailorder bride
Good!

--
Stop feeling sad and wait for love to come to you. You can easily find it using realmailorderbride. I am sure that the result will not keep you waiting.
3/11/2020 1:58:32 PM

Team Poetrysoup
Administrator
We did not delete that poem.
12/16/2021 11:28:56 PM

Karam Misra
I had a poem deleted by PS. How can I retrieve it? PS should at least send an email with the deleted post along with the reason for deleting it
1/11/2022 12:47:32 PM

Bob Atkinson
They have their methods, their purpose, their style. Their choice.

They've deleted 50+ of mine, mostly I think because my poems are APA Style,

linked to the wiki article on the subject.

If you wish to have yours published online, search: poetry critic

Check out the 1st site listed

DON'T USE GOOGLE SEARCH, anything but that

Forum Home » Writing Poetry » Has anyone else had poetry deleted by PoetrySoup?