Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq
New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
6/6/2010 10:09:58 AM

Sarah Comstock
I am new to Poetry soup, but seriously this is the coolest website on the entire web!!!
permalink • reply with quote
3/17/2024 8:38:56 AM

Aparajita Bhattacharjee
Hi
I completely agree with you. After a very long time, I stumbled upon a site where I can spend some quality time, reading minds and writing.

tc
3/27/2024 7:20:14 PM

Tim Bonython
Well in Australia we say G'day mostly instead of Hello.
Im not a poet but looking for poetry about the sea/ocean/surf.

I am working on a project called the SURFING SYMPHONY and looking for poetry that would be incorporated as spoken word no more than 40 to 60 seconds at the start of each segment. For example i have a surfer named Mikey Brennan and he did a poem on SHIPSTERNS BLUFF from Tasmania that i will be doing a segment on. It goes like this. (although this piece is longer than 60 seconds) Through the eye of the needle we pass, all class, in time, we’re divine. From a place of storm were born and at breaking dawn we form. Two worlds collide. The subtle, the crude and the quiet, the defining.
We rejoice, we’re alive and in all the colours of this serpents disguise. We cheer as the horizon turns black for the rainbow spirit of the land and sea awakens.
It’s time to dance with the bluff as it sways to crumble into entropy. The reef draws to deliver unknowingly what we came for. From the womb to the tomb there’s no room, the dualistic misfits jump the queue.
This is Australia, through the pain and the suffering we acknowledge our wounds and still stand to set free one another and another. Of the dreaming, of creation itself it’s what we came to see, a moment for all to bare witness and thus is our reality.

So anyone who knows anything about great poetry about the ocean/surfing etc (or would like to give it a go) I would love to hear from. My email tim@surfingvisions.com