1. 1 poem any form 10-25 lines.
2. As long as it is evident in your poem that Summer is part of your tableau you may write about what you wish.
3. Your poem must be entitled, SEASONAL COLOR. Then I will know not to read it before hand. Please write your preferred title in the body of the poem; I would like to see it; it will contribute to the overall work. You can change the title once the contest is over.
4. Your poem must include each of the following colors:
5. I like using color to express emotion. I think poets do their best work when they relinquish control of the pen and just let the words write themselves. Give it a try. I can't want to see the brilliant poems you'll submit.
6. NO names. Just contest name and date at the bottom.
7. No photos or images, just the poem.
8. If you are new to Poetry Soup or just new to entering contests, once you have posted your poem you must still go to the Contest Page and click on the green "Enter Contest" link for the desired contest(in this case, "Seasonal Color"). This will take you to a listing of all your poems. Scroll down to the desired poem(in this case, "Seasonal Color") and click on the "Enter Contest" link to the immediate left of the title. Now you have officially entered and will be taken to a page telling you so. HAVE FUN!!
First Prize, Glory
Second Prize, Glory
Third Prize, Glory
Seven Honorable Mentions
Preparing Your Entry
Submit one copy of your poem online. Format your poem. Please make your entry easy to read — no illustrations or fancy fonts.
Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
A Note to Poetry Contestants
You are welcome to enter this contest, whether or not you won a prize in one of my previous contests.