What to Submit?
As long as it is evident in your poem that Autumn is part of your tableau you may write about the season or a story that occurs during it(serious, whimsical, etc).
Your form is Rhyme Royal. 14 lines(2, 7-line stanzas). Your rhyme per stanza is ababbcc, ten syllables per line. I will be using the syllable counter at HowMany Syllables.com.
You must include the following colors in your poem:
4. Your poem must be entitled, AUTUMN ROYAL(you may change it after the contest).
5. Please watch your SPELLING and GRAMMAR. Too many errors = NA.
6. Please use normal font, no italics or bold.
7. When using your colors I would really like to see them as an expression of how the poet feels
when looking at the scene.
8. Have fun. I can't wait to see all the amazing poetry!
First Prize, Glory
Second Prize, Glory
Third Prize, Glory
Seven Honorable Mentions
Preparing Your Entry
Submit one copy of your poem online. Format your poem. Please make your entry easy to read — no illustrations or fancy fonts.
Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
A Note to Poetry Contestants
You are welcome to enter this contest, whether or not you won a prize in one of my previous contests.