Seven Things I'd Save Should My House Catch Fire
and post notes and photos about your poem like Edward Ibeh.
Assuming my house is soon to be at the mercy of a catastrophic fire, and the Likelihood of salvaging everything is infinitesimal to nil. Given a choice to Save only seven things, in just sixteen minutes, I'd choose, in no particular order...
1. Family albums. Things lost in a fire are eventually replaceable, but not treasured childhood photos.
2. My car keys. I need it to start my vehicle and get the heck out of dodge! I'd hate to feel the intense heat.
3. My wallet, because it contains my driver's license, debit and credit cards, to name a few. They're very important to me.
4. I'd grab my favorite clothes , especially my leather winter jacket, and all my tailored designer suits.
5. Important documents, such as my birth certificate, my medical records. Yes, I made copies.
6. My beautiful sets of ceramic plates.
7. If I could save all my DVDs, I would, because I'm a movie buff.
All these I could carry, unassisted....
Seven Things You Would Save If Your House Was On Fire Poetry Contest
Sponsored by Caren Krutsinger
Date written and posted: 02/05/2019
Copyright © Edward Ibeh | Year Posted 2019